Establishment of TI Fiji
TI Fiji was established in Suva by several concerned businessmen and women on 9 March 1999. It is the Fiji Chapter of the worldwide Transparency International organisation.
TI Fiji is registered under Fiji's Company Act as a private company limited by guarantee and not having share capital. In accordance with its Articles of Association, TI Fiji currently has a five-member Board of Directors elected at TI Fiji's Annual General Meeting.
We envisage a Fiji free of corruption.
We seek to eradicate corruption by mobilising stakeholders to promote and strengthen integrity and ethics.
To strengthen TI Fiji’s organizational capacity, membership and resources so that it contributes effectively to fighting corruption.
We value transparency, accountability, integrity, justice, equality, courage, democracy, peace and stability.
How is TI Fiji's mission achieved?
- Building national coalitions embracing the state, civil society and the private sector in order to fight domestic and international corruption.
- Co-operating with and supporting other National Chapters to implement TI's mission.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of effective national checks and balances and institutional pillars that form a society, including the government, courts, media, civil society and business sector, to ensure the extent and causes of corruption are eliminated.
- Collecting, analysing, considering and disseminating information and raising public awareness on the damaging impact of corruption on human and economic development.
- Empowering citizens to actively participate in the fight against corruption - TI Fiji's Advocacy and Legal Advice Centre (ALAC) is a strong example of this, as it assists clients in finding solutions to their experiences with corrupt practices.
An overview of TI Fiji is available in the following downloadable brochures:
Further brochures are available from the Publications and Documents tab above.
TI Fiji's Board is elected by its members at the Annual General Meeting. Board membership following the Annual General Meeting held on 30 May 2012 is as follows:
Mr Apisalome Tudreu, Chairperson
Dr Donasiano Ruru
Professor Rajesh Chandra
Ms Rosie Langi
Mr Venkat Ramani
Mrs Janine Penjueli, Westpac Banking Corporation
Transparency International's 100+ national chapters
TI Fiji is one of the 100+ national offices of the international Transparency International organisation.
Offices in the Asia-Pacific region include:
Papua New Guinea
Transparency International Fiji
72 Pratt Street, Suva (Registered Office),
GPO Box 12642, Suva
T: (679) 330 4702
F: (679) 330 3533